May 31, 2010

The Gratitude Project


We'll give thanks to You
With gratitude
For lessons learned in how to trust in You
That we are blessed beyond what we could ever dream
In abundance or in need
~Nichole Nordeman~ Gratitude

While I typically get into the spirit of thankfulness in November (Thanksgiving and all that holiday goodness gets me every year), it seems something has struck a chord within me and it's been resonating for quite sometime now. Something has been prompting me, perhaps it's the Holy Spirit, to take steps to spread the joy of thanksgiving at this beautiful time of year.

I find that I struggle to keep the joy in my heart. If you feel that same struggle I would encourage you to join me in The Gratitude Project. I've decided to get it started and see it through to the end of June. I plan to get my kids involved as well. I think that remembering to find joy in the small things can bring us an overall feeling of happiness and contentment that is essential to our well being and ability to function in our day-to-day lives.


I plan to post my gratitude here on my blog as daily as possible as well as carry it over onto my Facebook page. Please feel free to join in and pass on the love to your friends and family. I'd love to see a widespread gratitude movement in the month of June! So get to it! Make lists, take pictures, send cards, update your Facebook statuses, give gifts (handmade is the best, of course!), hug your friends, kiss your lover, make June a month to remember!

If you choose to participate, I would love it if you could link back to my blog. Here is a button for you to use to show your support of the Project-



and here is a little image I made up for you to post a list on days that you'd like to play along in that way. I'll be making a few more in the near future so check back if you like that sort of thing!

Click the image to get the full size and then right click to download it to your computer.


Make each day count!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I used to keep a gratitude journal, but fell away from it. Thanks for the reminder!
    http://amysreallife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I am always grateful when you take the time to let me know what you thought of my posts. If something in a post inspires you to blog, please link me up!