September 19, 2011

This week



I've been absent from the blog for a long time. My goal is to come up with a more streamlined way to blog regularly. I haven't figured it out yet but I'm going to try some new things and see if they are good.

This weekend we...

* celebrated my baby turning three. Three! It's insanity. It's sad and wonderful all at the same time. I love this kid.


But I miss this little guy, too. Remember him?


* Ate more cake (this after the amazingly delicious cake Jenna made for Grandparent's day the weekend before and it's amazing that I haven't put on 10 lbs!)

* Played 90's Trivial Pursuit. A game I had been wondering about recently and then spotted at Goodwill for $2.50! It's been a good investment and Eric and I enjoyed playing with his sister and brother-in-law.

* Had so much fun watching Alex really get into his birthday for the first time. My heart was melting with love.

* Got the house cleaned up for the first time since we got home from California. It was bad, real bad.

* Eric gave himself a mustache. I hate it. He does make me laugh with his willingness to try new facial hair styles though. I think it's brave. I still hate it though.

* Colored Jenna's hair a dark brown. She loves it. It's the little things that make life lovely.

* Really just enjoyed each other's company as a family. I love my family. We're nice.

Today...

* I'm enjoying Coconut Macaroon coffee and... leftover cake.

* The kids all ate cake for breakfast. Why not?

* Alex is still playing with his new toys and loving them.

* We are going on a nature walk so we can draw in our nature journals.

* We're going to buy ingredients to make apple pie for the first day of fall on Wednesday.

* We're going to play some games and maybe play at the park for a bit.

* It's absolutely beautiful outside.

* Jenna is excited to show her Girl Scout troop her new hair color and she's been running around all morning picking out the perfect outfit and getting the flat iron prepped for me to make her hair smooth and asking if she can wear eyeliner and lip gloss. Oh boy.

* Now she is asking about nail polish. :P

This week...

* We'll be having a Fall celebration by making leaf prints, apple pie, ice cream in a baggie (link: http://homeparents.about.com/od/recipesandcrafts/r/zip_icecream.htm), possibly a fall picnic if it's not raining or incredibly windy, pulling out the Halloween decorations, and some other things I haven't thought of yet.

* The girls will have PE at the YMCA. It was really great last week. I'll have to blog more about that another time.

* Jenna is starting up at the Stable Days program where she will get to learn about caring for horses and riding. She is super excited.

* We'll be celebrating Marah's birthday on Saturday. She's going to be seven! More family time and... cake!!


Make each day count.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley, every time I read one of your blog posts, I am just so proud of you. First, you're such a good mom. Second, you're such a good daughter. Third, you're such a good writer. You entertain me. And you bring me joy. I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I am always grateful when you take the time to let me know what you thought of my posts. If something in a post inspires you to blog, please link me up!