July 8, 2010

Taking it Easy


I'm not sure why, but this summer has found me feeling completely unproductive and without motivation. It's been a bit disheartening but I'm trying to just go with the flow and relax a bit. Taking it easy isn't a bad thing. Sometimes we go through a season of needing to let go of those day-to-day things that can start to burden us. Taking a season of rest can be a very good thing. I'm hoping it will leave me feeling refreshed and ready to take on a new school year with an attitude of joy and excitement!

So I've been sleeping more than usual (which, if you know me, even the usual is quite a bit more than most people), cooking more simple meals and trying to worry about only the most pressing of house work and letting the mess not get to me quite as much. We've been reading together more, creating together more, and just enjoying the down time while still managing to get plenty of play and learning in there as well. It's been nice.

A little random fact about myself- I love to scrapbook, but I do all my scrapbook pages digitally using Photoshop Elements editing software. Here are a few of my most recent pages:







Creating my layouts in this manner allows me to put my work away quickly, hit undo when I mess up, and enables me to work without my kids getting into it all. I love it! I haven't done much with it lately, but every once in awhile I will get a few pages done. It's more than I would do if I had to do it with real paper, that's for sure!

Anyway, I was really excited when Jenna received a scrapbook kit for her birthday! She was given a ton of photos from her Girl Scout troop leader of all the events they did through the year so I figured now was a perfect opportunity to create her first scrapbook. We have been having a great time with it. It's nice to work on this with her. I have been letting her do most of it herself while just showing her a few tips her and there. She's been doing such a great job! Another thing I love about this project is that we are including her patches and Try-It's in the book so that she can have a place to keep them instead of on her sash. It's turning out really great.


This is why I use the computer. Oh, and this was after half the mess was cleaned up.

Gotta get these thank you cards done!


Make each day count!

1 comment:

  1. I ALMOST got Jenna a scrapbook kit for her birthday. I'm so glad I didn't! What a great project, and something that she will always treasure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I am always grateful when you take the time to let me know what you thought of my posts. If something in a post inspires you to blog, please link me up!