January 2, 2010

What a Difference a Year Makes

Reflections

Reflection Questions for 2009

1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?

Ooh, it's hard to remember the whole year! I would say, as far as fun and memorable, our trip to Aberdeen, SD for my niece's birthday. Such a great time!


2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?

Figuring out how to homeschool while raising a baby!

3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?

Running! I would have never in a million years thought that I could run for 30 minutes, but I did it! Of course, now my left foot is suffering from it but I'm still happy that I did it.

source

4. What was an unexpected obstacle?

Eric's Crohn's flare up that caused him to lose his job and put a lot of stress on both of us. However, I believe it will turn out to be a blessing in disguise because now he is finally going to school and, while money is very tight, we are happy and that is always a good thing!
source

5. Pick three words to describe 2009.

growth, trials, love
source

6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2009 (don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you).
oh, he wouldn't.

7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2009 (again, without asking).
This is lame. haha

8. What were the best books you read this year?

For Women Only (really helped me understand my husband), My Sister's Keeper, The Kommandant's Girl
source

9. With whom were your most valuable relationships?

Besides my family, I would say Elizabeth has been so supportive and such a great friend to me. Plus Anna sure did make this year a lot more enjoyable! It was so fun to have a friend so close by. I will miss her a lot now that she's back in TRF.


10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
I think it would have to be my energy and motivation to do more with my family.


11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?

I'm learning to relax more (still working on it) and enjoy life.
12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?

In my trust of God's will for me and my family. I've been put to the test and I think I did pretty well with leaning not on my own understanding but trusting that He would carry us through even when it seemed impossible. We have been very blessed.
source


13. In what way(s) did you grow physically?

I did the Couch to 5K program and still am shocked that I did it!
source


14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?

My marriage is stronger and I feel like we understand each other so much better today than we did a year ago. We are truly in love.
source

15. What was the most enjoyable area of managing your home?

Well, I've been working on making our house a home. It's a long road because everything seems to cost so much money! But slowly and surely I've been making changes. Finally hanging photos and getting a new bedding set and some other things for our bedroom to make it more cozy.
source


16. What was your most challenging area of home management?

Oh... all of it! Clutter. The clutter overwhelms me.
source


17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?

Probably napping. I need to work on it. I'm trying.
source


18. What was the best way you used your time this past year?

Teaching
19. What was the biggest thing you learned this past year?

I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13
source


20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2009 for you.

All you need is love. Love is all you need. -The Beatles
source

If you care to take a moment to reflect on 2009 and want to blog about it I would love to read it! Link me up!

Make each day count.

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment! I am always grateful when you take the time to let me know what you thought of my posts. If something in a post inspires you to blog, please link me up!