November 22, 2009

Organization

It's not my strong suit. Not at ALL! But I keep trying. I am working to get us on a schedule. It's something I know that we need but that I keep resisting because getting us on a schedule takes time that I often feel like I just don't have. However, I have been really feeling convicted of this lack of organization in my life. I believe that God has called me to homeschool my children and that means that I need to actually... um, do it! It's not that I don't try. I do. It's just that I get distracted and then the kids get distracted and sometimes (okay, most of the time) it's so easy to just think to myself 'Hey, they're enjoying themselves quietly in their room, who am I to interrupt?!' and then just settle myself into something on my own. Not that I'm sitting around doing nothing. Not even close. I'm always doing something, it seems. I just need to be making more time for them and stop worrying so much about everything else.

Something I need to work on is sleep. I need to be more scheduled in my sleep patterns. I need to get up before the kids do. I know this. I don't want to do it. But if I don't then I wake up with them and practically go to bed with them and get little to no time to myself. So my goal for this week is to get to bed by 11 and up by 6. That gives me 7 hours of sleep and time in the morning to wake up, spend some time in Bible and prayer for the long day ahead, and eat breakfast before Alex wakes up at about 7. The girls are in bed until 8:30 but I think I'm going to change that next week. I want to get myself in sync first. One goal at a time.

November is almost over and we've been learning, just not as much as I would like. So another goal for this week is to write out a schedule that the girls and I can utilize each day with time mapped out for each activity/subject. It can be a little flexible, but overall I think a schedule will really help Jenna and me stay on task better. I don't know if it will help Marah, but it's good to start practicing the concept with her and it should help her to learn more about the idea of time as well.

Another thing I want to get started up before December starts is a homeschool blog. I've considered keeping everything in one spot here but I think it will be better to do it this way. Keeping the more personal stuff separate so that people who are only interested in homeschool type stuff can read it all in one place without having to wade through any family type stuff. We'll see. I'm still thinking about it.

Anyway, for now I'm just sharing these goals because it's always good to put it out there. Helps keep me accountable and also is helpful to others who are in the same crazy boat that I'm in to know that they are NOT alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I am always grateful when you take the time to let me know what you thought of my posts. If something in a post inspires you to blog, please link me up!