While I was on my vacation in San Diego for my little brother's wedding (more on that to come), I turned 32. This is weird for me. I completely remember my life at 12 years old, when my own mom was 32, and it's so strange to think that I am at the same stage in my life, chronologically, as my mom was at that time.
For many people, the first day of a new year is a time for reflection and resolving to change, for me, that day is my birthday. I have so many things that I have been thinking about lately and I have much to write here but for today I've decided to just do a fun post, nothing serious. I'll save that for a time when I am ready to set aside an hour of my day. :)
And so, without further ado, I present to you 32 things I hope to do this year!
PS: I'm sorry for the humongoid photos here. I am too tired to try to resize all this junk.
32. Play with my kids more. I mean, get down on the floor and really play with them.
31. Change my image. My look, if you will. I want to change the way I dress and all that good stuff. I want to dress the way that I feel. I don't know how to explain that better, but I'll get to that another post.
30. Eat at a new restaurant. I don't mean a chain restaurant, I mean a little, family owned place around this area.
29. Blog more. Yeah, that one is always in the back of my mind.
28. Plan monthly dates with my husband. Even if it's a stay-at-home date, I want it to be planned.
27. Potty train my son. Seriously.
26. Get pregnant. This has to wait until my husband has a good job, and I'd like to lose a little weight beforehand, but this needs to happen this year or else I think we're done.
25. Lose weight :) yeah, I really would like to lose at LEAST 40 lbs. before I get pregnant again. Ideally, 55 lbs. but I'll be happy with 40.
24. Take a trip. I'm hoping this trip will involve San Diego, child free, with my husband, for my cousin's wedding, but if that doesn't happen, I'll be happy with whatever I can get. I just want to go SOMEWHERE!
23. Put more time into my business. Yeah, I have a business. Did you know that?! :) I need to devote more time to it. I want to devote more time to it.
22. Work on my photography skills. My dream job is to be a photographer. I hope to be able to do it one day. For now I'll just keep practicing.
21. Get a new camera... and keep it. Haha! I bought a camera awhile back but had to sell it because we needed the money. So this time I need to make sure that we will not have to sell it. Yeah.
20. Get more involved in our community, and teach our kids the importance of this, as well.
19. Shop at a thrift store monthly. Even if I only buy one thing. I love to shop at thrift stores and I should do it more often.
18. Declutter. A plan for this will follow in another blog post.
17. Learn Japanese. At least, start to learn it. I need to. I want my kids to learn, too. I have a Japanese sister-in-law now. Did you know that? :)
16. Read a new book each month. Book list to follow.
15. Crochet more. I love to crochet. I want to learn new techniques and make more stuff!
14. Volunteer. Somewhere. I need to figure out where. But I'd like to do it regularly.
13. Speaking of regular: GO TO CHURCH and GET INVOLVED THERE! I'm so bad about this. I need to do it. I need to get past my shyness, and my ability to put what's important on the back burner.
12. Stay involved in the local homeschool group. I finally found a group! yay! Now I just need to stay plugged in.
11. Teach my kids how to be keepers of the home by modeling and helping them.
10. Relax more. Worry less. I'm getting so much better at this. Just keep working on it.
9. Go sledding with the kids more than just once all winter.
8. Teach Jenna how to ice skate.
7. Help the kids develop and KEEP a good routine.
6. Redecorate my bedroom
5. organize the craft room and really make it useable. Then use it.
4. Help Jenna redecorate her room.
3. Be a better wife. Study the Bible and find a good mentor.
2. Be a better mom. Study the Bible and find a good mentor.
1. Read the Bible and pray more. Every day. Use what you learn. Live what you learn. Study and grow. The MOST important thing.
Make each day count!