February 7, 2008

Getting back to the important things

Not that working isn't important, because it is. We need money and we also need the health/dental benefits that come with employment. However, I have never felt that my place is outside the home. My heart is in my family and being there for the important things. So when Eric found his recent job I made the decision to leave my job at Amazon.com.

Things will be tight, we will need to make sacrifices and adjustments to our current standard of living, but I know that this is the right choice. I can't say how much it means to me to be able to stay home. I know that Eric hates to work, like most people, and I appreciate it so very much.

I only want to make aims to be a wonderful mom and wife. I know that this is the only way that Eric, too, can appreciate what I do. So my plans are to take back control of this mess and to place my primary focus on my children and my husband. This is what God has called me to do, and I intend to work at it with all my heart.

I have been working hard to get our apartment cleaned up. It had gotten so out of control and nothing was getting done. I have been too tired to do anything after work, just completely exhausted. I have the main living areas all picked up and cleaned with the exception of some minor organizing/junking that I need to take care of. So tomorrow I hope to get the kids room and the master bathroom cleaned up and maybe start a bit on the spare room which is basically a catch all junk room and has been since we first moved in.

I want to put together some kind of loose schedule for the day so that I can make sure to give Marah the attention she needs and get all my errands and housework done too. I want to try to get organized, but I also don't want to try to do too much at once because then I'll get overwhelmed.

I have a vision exam tomorrow and hopefully some new frames are in my immediate future! I love the idea of getting new glasses but it also makes me nervous because once you get them, you're stuck with them for awhile and I have to wear them all the time, so it's a pretty important decision! Eric and the girls all have their exams next Saturday which is making me anxious. It will be the first eye exam for the girls and I hope they do well. Funny cause part of me hopes that Jenna needs glasses (how bad is that?! LOL) because she looks so cute in them, but of course a bigger part of me wants nothing to do with that. I can't imagine having to keep up with them... yikes. I can't even keep up with my own. Although Jenna is so OCD about stuff like that she'd probably never forget them.

Oh I almost forgot, I'm having another baby! lol... like how I just throw that in there at the last minute? So far I've been basically miserable, nauseous all the time, so tired, so sore, and feeling kinda dizzy a lot of the time too. I hope this only lasts thru the first trimester because with Marah I felt sick through the entire pregnancy and it was so awful. Anyway, I'm very excited and Jenna is very excited too, she keeps talking about it, it's pretty cute. She has mentioned that she wants it to be a girl because she wants another sister and it would be fun to have two sisters. I asked her, what if it's a boy? A brother would be nice right? And she said "Oh, alright, I guess it could be a brother." :)

Lastly but not leastly, I actually scrapped today! Okay, so three of these are actually premade pages I just dropped my photo into, but the one with Marah's mouth is all me. I'm so proud of myself for sitting down and making myself do this today.

Jenna's soccer friends last summer



Jenna just after turning 6



Marah with her Auntie Angie



So I think this kid has the biggest mouth I've ever seen on such a tiny head!

3 comments:

  1. We're excited for you all! Take care of yourself. Love you all!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad you finally posted some new scrapbook pages! I've missed them. You did a great job on all of them. Congratulations on your new baby. Can't wait to see him or her! I hope Eric likes his new job.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. what the?

    nice job on quitting amazon. i hope my wife quits amazon one day...

    dude. a baby? another?! youre INSANE!

    conraduFREAKINlations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I am always grateful when you take the time to let me know what you thought of my posts. If something in a post inspires you to blog, please link me up!