Thank you to my cousin, Mandy (How Far We've Come), who has awarded me with a Versatile Blogger Award. I have been such an irregular poster lately that I don't feel I've earned any such title, but I humbly accept anyway :)
So here's the scoop, I am supposed to do the following upon acceptance of this award:
1. Thank the person who gave it to you in a blog of your own linking their website.
2. Share seven random things about yourself.
3. Pay it forward by finding someone else to award.
So here are seven random (but not too random) things you may or may not know about me.
- I am very indecisive and this drives some of my friends and family a bit crazy. I have a very hard time choosing things whether it's things to buy, things to do, things to make...
- I drink coffee most mornings but I usually make far too much and I always use cream and sugar in my coffee. Wayyyy too much of it.
- I love color. I love bright, bold, fun color, and lots of it. It took awhile for me to embrace this in my home because I felt like I should be a grown up and have dark "grown up" colors in my home because that was just what I was supposed to do. Now my home is full of vibrant color and is very fun and more suited to my personality.
- I have a hard time getting out of the house before 5 pm. I don't like to get ready to go out and part of this stems from just being very self conscious and not wanting to be seen in public. I'd rather be at home in my jammies.
- My husband and I met online almost 13 years ago, back when the internet was still a pretty new and exclusive thing. Everyone thought we were completely crazy but somehow we've made it work and I can say with 100% confidence that we are each other's very best friend.
- My children are all named after someone special to us. Ever since I was a child I wanted to name my own children after friends and family who were an important part of my life. I always was a little disappointed that I was not named for anyone. My eldest has the middle name Noelle and was named for my dear friend, Stephanie Noelle, who was also my maid of honor. My middle child's middle name is Sue which was chosen to honor my late aunt, Carla Sue, who was a very big influence in my life and who touched the lives of so many. And our son's middle name is Eric and he was named for his daddy, who's first name is Eric. This tradition has now been passed on for several generations as my father-in-law's middle name was his father's first name and my husband's middle name is his father's first name. I hope that Alex will be able to carry on this tradition as well. I have a real love of tradition :)
Well then, that may be more than you cared to know but I usually have a lot to say! And now I must choose a versatile blogger to present an award to. I follow a lot of blogs but the one that stands out the most to me is Janet's blog: The Well Rounded Mama. Janet is a Christian, a wife, a mom to five, a teacher (she homeschools, too), a world traveler (her husband is a missionary working at a school in Indonesia right now), a scrapbooker, a lovely photographer, a newly crowned pug owner (like me!), and in her spare time she likes to bake, have spaghetti fights, and just spend quality time with her family. She is constantly inspiring me, not only with her commitment to her family but, also, with her words of wisdom that are surely inspired and given by God so that she might encourage others. I love seeing how God is using her and her blog to touch lives and I hope she knows what a blessing her blog has been to me.
You can visit Janet at The Well Rounded Mama HERE or by finding her link in my blogroll under "HOME SCHOOL BLOGGERS"